[Spacewalk-list] Yum client reports no update, But Spacewalk GUI reports that there are

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Thu Apr 2 19:34:17 UTC 2015

I tried running the spacewalk fsck utility.

I tried your suggestions as well.  Unfortunately so far nothing has changed.   I tried deleting one of the systems from spacewalk and re-registering it. After registering, it still shows the same discrepancy.   A good number of updates listed in the GUI as being applicable, with only 2 showing on the client side with yum check-update.

I tried clearing out the yum cache on the client side, to no net effect.

I have another client that needed quite a number of updates.   I applied the updates with yum update.   After the update was complete, I now see the same discrepancy between the yum client list and the package updates showing available and applicable from the GUI.  All of the servers involved have been rebooted, so everything has been restarted. At least once.

Any suggestions about why yum queries are getting different results than I see in the spacewalk GUI?  And how to get things back in synch?

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681