[Spacewalk-list] Adding Clients to Spacewalk server

Irwin, Jeffrey R jeff.irwin at perfect.com
Wed Apr 8 17:06:57 UTC 2015

I am attempting to connect my first client, I have tried to different servers and get the same error on both.

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://phfispacewalk.perfect.com/XMLRPC --activationkey 1-oraclelinux
An error has occurred:
ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
See /var/log/up2date for more information

I found the fix for this was to:
vi /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

change sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT to sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT

but then I get
[root at phfdtestclient ~]# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://phfispacewalk.perfect.com/XMLRPC --activationkey 1-oraclelinux
An error has occurred:
The certificate /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT is expired. Please ensure you have the correct certificate and your system time is correct.
See /var/log/up2date for more information