[Spacewalk-list] Yum client reports no update, But Spacewalk GUI reports that there are

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Fri Apr 17 21:08:10 UTC 2015

I finally found the source of this problem.   I had a java heap max of 1GB(Default?) configured for the taskomatic daemon.   I modified /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.conf to bump up the heap:

# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.initmemory=512

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=3072

After restarting spacewalk the RHN cache rebuilt cleanly and now things look matched.

Wouldn’t it be nice if somehow taskomatic could flag that it’s in trouble in some way that it emails the administrator or raises an alarm that would show up in the GUI to tell you it’s failing?  Does it already do this somewhere and I just don’t know about it?  I don’t see any emails to root about this problem.

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681