[Spacewalk-list] Software channel sync

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Apr 24 20:26:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 25 Apr 2015, at 1:54 am, Irwin, Jeffrey R <jeff.irwin at perfect.com> wrote:
>
> I have successfully added three software channels, get to the fourth and of course it doesn’t work.  I am trying to sync OL5 i386

You've picked the wrong architecture for your channel. The correct architecture for i386 distros is IA-32[1]. However, the correct architecture for 64-bit Linux distros is x86_64, NOT IA-64 (which is Itanium2). iSeries and pSeries are IBM mainframe architectures.

Thanks,
Avi

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32>
--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496