[Spacewalk-list] Issue with ISS

Werner vd Merwe wernervdmerwe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:13:47 UTC 2015

We have a fairly complex setup in that our production environment is not able to connect to the internet. To aid in lifecycle, I am using Spacewalk server in our test environment with a cloned channel by date for patching in the test environment, and that channel gets sync'ed vis ISS to the spacewalk server in production.

This is working perfectly for Oracle Linux and CentOS, but I am having some issues getting Ubuntu Precise to work the same way. I know this is not supported, but the error does not seem to be related to that fact.

Here an extract of the procedure:

On the test Spacewalk, I sync from the official mirror:
spacewalk-debian-sync.pl --username xxxx --password 'xxxx' --channel 'precise-security' --url 'http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise-security/main/binary-amd64/'

This channel is then cloned to the point in time patching starts:

--snip from conf file--

"precise-security": { "label": "pit_precise_security", "name": "Point In Time Repo Security x86_64", "summary": "Contains a point in time repo", "description": "Security Repo For Precise Security", "parent": "pit_ubuntu_12.04" },
-- snip --
Then executed: spacewalk-clone-by-date -c /opt/scripts/clone_precise_to_st.conf -d $DATE

This is working fine and the test servers happily patch off the cloned channel.

On the production side I run this:
satellite-sync --iss-parent=tst-spacewalk.ics.dmz --ca-cert="/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT" -c pit_precise_security

This fails with:

IntegrityError: null value in column "label" violates not-null constraint DETAIL: Failing row contains (30, null, 2015-08-10 16:35:26.658707+12, N, null).
Yet the same config works for the other os's. Any idea what I am missing?