[Spacewalk-list] problems with osad

Clegg, Larry E [HDS] Larry.Clegg at hdsupply.com
Tue Aug 18 16:52:13 UTC 2015

Thank you Silvio...you identified the issue.....we're a heavy VMware shop with lots of clones and systems built from templates.  The templates work great but apparently my clone script is missing the removal of the osad-auth.conf file.

I did these three steps on all the problem systems:
1) service osad stop
2) /bin/rm /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf
3) service osad start

All of the problem systems began responding correctly to OSAD requests.

I also updated my clone script to accommodate for this issue.  Thank you Thank you Thank you,

Larry