[Spacewalk-list] problems with osad

Clegg, Larry E [HDS] Larry.Clegg at hdsupply.com
Tue Aug 18 18:20:42 UTC 2015

OSAD should pick things up fairly immediately.  Without OSAD you do have to wait for the RHNSD agent to wake up every 4 hours (default) to ask the Spacewalk server if it has any tasks for it.

Is there a firewall in the way?  Or iptables?  OSAD communicates over port 5222 and if that isn't open then you'll not be successful.