[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk installation clean up after longer time of running adn adding channels - Some questions

Silvio Moioli smoioli at suse.com
Fri Aug 21 13:17:33 UTC 2015

On 21/08/2015 14:53, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
> a) After updating the spacewalk server, I do have to update the client
> repositories and GPG Keys to the corresponding version?

This should not be needed - as long as the client tools packages are up to date and the server channels are up to date you should be fine.

> b) why is the system overview fine, and a local yum update not?

Because as you stated clients have both Spacewalk and external repos. Clients should only have Spacewalk repos and get all updates from there.

Whether your server channels are up-to-date or not (ie. wether reposync is working correctly or not) is a different issue!

> c) why is a local yum update not pulling the updates from my spycewalk
> server but from the official mirrors?

Probably something or someone added official mirrors to the client, while clients should only have Spacewalk repositories.

Hope this helps,
--
Silvio Moioli
SUSE Manager Development Team