[Spacewalk-list] Deploy a root password change

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Aug 25 20:13:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:45:06 +0000
"Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence (SYSADMIN)" <klarmstrong2 at liberty.edu>
wrote:

> Is there a way to deploy a root password change to a group of servers
> in Satellite 5.6?  I imagine something like this might be possible in
> Satellite 6.x, but we don’t have that deployed yet.

Since spacewalk only has the root-pwd there for kickstart I don't think
that is possible. I don't know if this helps, but: loop through your
servers, do sudo and:

echo "root:newpass"|chpasswd

I know, it is not the config-method you're looking for (puppet,
ansible), but sometimes the simplest things are sufficient too ...

Franky