[Spacewalk-list] repository certificate update issue

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Wed Dec 9 21:42:32 UTC 2015

Here is what I was trying so hard to re-discover where it lives in spacewalk.  If there's some clear documentation on this on the web it's not being indexed to where it's easy to find with web search engines.

When you need to apply and/or update CA/Entitlement/Client SSL keys:

Navigate this path in the GUI (Spacewalk 2.x)
Systems --> Kickstart --> GPG and SSL Keys

select the key you need to update (annual contract renewal will probably require updating the Entitlement key of the provider you're using), capture the contents of the associated file from the spacewalk master server, select all in the Key Update page, paste in the new key contents, click Update Key

Then on the Web UI navigate to Channels --> Manage Software Channels --> <Your channel that uses the entitlement you updated>
Select the "Repositories" tab. Select sub-tab "Sync", then click the "Sync Now" button.

To watch the log of activity log in/sudo as root on the spacewalk master server and enter

tail -f /var/log/rhn/reposync/<channel id>.log

If you're subscribed to Red Hat and want to know where to find the key(s) you need, please send me a direct email and I'll tell you which directories to look in for each of the keys.

Robert Boyd

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent