[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading 2.3 to 2.4 Centos 6 and cobbler20 vs. cobbler-2.6.9

prmarino1 at gmail.com prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:08:00 UTC 2015

In the past there was an issue with cobbler 2.4 being incompatible with spacewalk however this was fixed in some time between spacewalk 1.8 and 2.1. The reason it still uses the old one a package called spacewalk-cobbler which locks the version to 2.0 this was done so people who didn't want to update cobbler could keep using the old version while we were still working out the bugs. Now it's perfectly fine to update, however spacewalk does not use any of the new features. That said if you use spacewalk to manage Debian and or Ubuntu boxes it may be a good idea to update because it would allow you to manually add Debian based distros and kickstarts. ‎Yes Debian and Ubuntu partial support kickstarts now with some minor tweaks. Though note the spacewalk client package included with Debian is out of date.