[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and SLES 12 Repositories

Will, Chris CWill at bcbsm.com
Tue Feb 3 13:34:30 UTC 2015

I am trying to get our Spacewalk 2.2 server to sync with SUSE 12 also.  I obtained the token but probably need the yum or python urlgrabber patch.  However, we are running spacewalk on a RHEL 6 server.  Are there patches available for this platform?  Here is the entry in the log after we attempt to sync the repo.

 Sync started: Tue Feb  3 07:42:59 2015
['/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync', '--channel', 'sles12-pool', '--type', 'yum', '']
Repo URL: https://updates.suse.com/SUSE/Products/SLE-SERVER/12/s390x/product/?<token>
ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: sles12-pool. Please verify its path and try again
Sync completed.

When I added the repodata/repomd.xml string to my repository definition it seemed to work a little better but still failed when it started to download.

Sync started: Mon Feb  2 14:23:06 2015
['/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync', '--channel', 'sles12-pool', '--type', 'yum', '']
Repo URL: https://updates.suse.com/SUSE/Products/SLE-SERVER/12/s390x/product/repodata/repomd.xml?<token>
ERROR: failure: repodata/<hex string>-primary.xml.gz from sles12-pool: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Sync completed.

Chris Will