Re: [Spacewalk-list] latest channel synchronization

On 02/03/2015 03:07 PM, Reneau, Wes W [HDS] wrote:
Changing my stance, therefore changing my question.

Using Oracle’s Spacewalk 2.0.

If I choose to spacewalk-clone-by-date my master 6 latest channel then I
must specify a date, otherwise the default behavior is to exclude errata.

-d TO_DATE, --to_date=TO_DATE

                         Clone errata to the specified date (YYYY-MM-DD). If

                         omitted will assume no errata.

If I clone using the gui I have no choice but to use all errata or no
errata and I have no intention of selecting errata manually.

I want to clone my latest channel, which includes all errata, to my dev
channel but only include security errata.

Assuming the previous statement is true:

1.How is this accomplished?

2.Will it prevent a revision upgrade (from 6.5 to 6.6)?

Thanks

Wes

1) use spacewalk-clone-by-date with today's date and the --security_only option.

2) No, theoretically the 6.6 channel should include everything that is in the 6.5 channel and more, so there should be no dependency problems.

-Stephen