Re: [Spacewalk-list] Task Schedules not running automatically

On 02/05/2015 03:07 PM, Jagga Soorma wrote:
Thanks Stephen for your email.  I don't see any issues when restarting
taskomatic and firewal is disabled on this server:

--
# grep -i disabled /etc/sysconfig/selinux | grep -v '#'
SELINUX=disabled

Okay well first of all both of those commands merely tell you what will happen after the next reboot, not what is currently running / enabled on your system. I'd be willing to assume iptables is actually off and that selinux is actually disabled, but for the record the correct way to check that would be:
# getenforce
# service iptables status

taskomatic logs when restarting the service:

--
..snip..
--

However, I do see the following in catalina.out which I am not sure
what it means:

--
# cat /var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

Hmm. I don't know what that means either. Are you perhaps out of disk space? Does restarting tomcat help?

Any thing else I should be checking for?

Thanks again for your help.

So the symptoms are sill the same after taskoamtic was rebooted; channel repodata isn't getting generated and webui still says scheduling service isn't available? And there are no errors in taskomatics log from after it starts? I don't know. Something is preventing taskomatic from doing its job. Maybe try 'yum reinstall spacewalk-taskomatic'? Maybe look in /var/log/messages?

-Stephen