[Spacewalk-list] Register Client to a Spacewalk Proxy Server

Uwanna, Chukwuma (NIH/NCI) [C] chukwuma.uwanna at nih.gov
Fri Feb 6 20:42:45 UTC 2015

Hello Nick,

I have done everything you mentioned in your last response to my question but when I run:
rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://<proxy server name>/XMLRPC --activationkey=2-2385hhfb3b110c23ked5b1a208eafeeee22 -force

I get the following error message:

An error has occurred:
The certificate /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT is expired. Please ensure you have the correct certificate and your system time is correct.
See /var/log/up2date for more information

I have installed a new RHNS-CA-CERT and made sure the proxy server is running on the same ntp server as the client, but the error won't go away.  When I switch the server URL in the first command to http, I get the message:

               An error has occurred:
Error communicating with server. The message was:
Not Found
See /var/log/up2date for more information

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?