Re: [Spacewalk-list] Help - Garbage in Database

On 02/09/2015 04:52 AM, Francisco Cardoso wrote:
Sorry Stephen to bother but can you give me a pointer on how to upgrade it
by hand ?

Regards,

Francisco

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Herr [mailto:sherr redhat com]
Sent: 04 February 2015 14:36
To: francisco cardoso gmail com; spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Help - Garbage in Database

On 02/02/2015 07:54 PM, Francisco Cardoso wrote:
Hello,

I finally had the time to look up into why I think I was having
Internal Server Errors on some of my pages and I think I know why L

Some of my Activation Keys , Systems and so on had the Monitoring
Entitlement activated.

Any way I can prune the database and get rid of it ?

Regards,

Francisco

This should not be a problem unless you are running Spacewalk Nightly
packages on an un-upgraded database. You need to manually apply the database
changes that have not been applied to your db (ensure you have latest
spacewalk-schema installed, look in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-2.2-to-spacewalk-schema-2
.3/).
spacewalk-schema-upgrade cannot do it for you if you're using nightly, only
if you're upgrading from one release to another (2.1 to 2.2).

-Stephen

Use spacewalk-sql to run the sql files (in numerical order) in that directory that have not already been applied to your database. For example:

# spacewalk-sql /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-2.2-to-spacewalk-schema-2.3/017-drop_monitoring_tables.sql.postgresql # spacewalk-sql /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-2.2-to-spacewalk-schema-2.3/018-drop_solaris_tables.sql.postgresql

etc.

-Stephen