[Spacewalk-list] Channels priorities

Andrew Neuschwander andrew.neuschwander at nih.gov
Thu Feb 12 23:03:37 UTC 2015

Marcin,

I also wish spacewalk had a channel priority feature similar to the yum priorities plugin.

You have two options.

1) Keep your custom packages at higher version as the ones in the other channels. This works, but you'll be chasing the other channels as they update.

2) Filter the conflicting packages out of the base/other channels. This works well. The filter is used when the repository is sync'ed from it's external sources. So, if the conflicting packages are already in Spacewalk, you'll need to add the filter and
then remove the packages from spacewalk. The filters option is on the Repository Details page under Manage Software Repositories.

-Andrew
--
Andrew A. Neuschwander, Contractor
HPC Senior Linux Systems Engineer