From: Matthew Madey <mattmadey gmail com<mailto:mattmadey gmail com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 8:35 PM
To: "spacewalk-list redhat com<mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>" <spacewalk-list redhat com<mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>>
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Machine getting the wrong hostname

When I do rhnreg_ks I specify the profile name as the fully qualified domain name, like this:

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://spacewalk/XMLRPC --profilename=`hostname -f` --activationkey=1-blabla

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Brian Kinney <brian kinney memeo-inc com<mailto:brian kinney memeo-inc com>> wrote:
The DNS may not match the actual “hostname” of the new box.
Also, just because it is in /etc/hosts, does not mean that it is the true “hostname.”

To find out:
On a unix box, just type in “hostname” and press enter.
That will show you what the system thinks its own name is.

For windows, you have to right click on my computer, then properties to see the hostname.

--
Brian

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.  We use reasonable measures to virus scan all E-mails leaving UNICOM Global but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should ensure you have adequate measures in place for your own virus checking.