[Spacewalk-list] Registering Clients in Spacewalk 2.2

Hi All,

 I am testing Spacewalk and trying to register my first CentOS client. I am following the directions on the main documentation.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

According to the directions I need to install on the client OS

  1. Are those yum packages needed for CentOS or only RHEL?
  2. The client OS is not connected to the internet, hence the reason I am want to use spacewalk to do patch management. So the main issue is how to get the necessary RPM’s on the client. I’ve downloaded the spacewalk-client-repo on the Spacewalk server and added it /var/www/html so that I could download and install it from the client. Is this what others have done to deal with this situation?

Thank you,

Jason