[Spacewalk-list] Registering Clients in Spacewalk 2.2

Jason Calafiore jason.calafiore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:28:09 UTC 2015

Hi All,

 I am testing Spacewalk and trying to register my first CentOS client. I am
following the directions on the main documentation.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

According to the directions I need to install on the client OS

   - Install spacewalk-client-repo RPM
   - Do a yum install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
   yum-rhn-plugin

   1. Are those yum packages needed for CentOS or only RHEL?
   2. The client OS is not connected to the internet, hence the reason I am
   want to use spacewalk to do patch management. So the main issue is how to
   get the necessary RPM’s on the client. I’ve downloaded the
   spacewalk-client-repo on the Spacewalk server and added it /var/www/html so
   that I could download and install it from the client. Is this what others
   have done to deal with this situation?

Thank you,

Jason