Re: [Spacewalk-list] No Kickstartable Channels/Tree found.

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry it¹s taken me so long to reply.
I¹ve tried this, and it fails when attempting to add the SLES rpms from
the SLES mounted iso:
# rhnpush --server localhost -u manderson -p 0146Home! --channel
sles11-sp3-cobbler /var/distro-trees/sles11-sp3/suse/x86_64/*.rpm
error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: rpmReadSignature failed: sigh load: BAD
ERROR: /var/distro-trees/sles11-sp3/suse/x86_64/gcc_c___.rpm: This file
doesn't appear to be a package

# rhnpush --server localhost -u manderson -p 0146Home! --channel
sles11-sp3-cobbler /var/distro-trees/sles11-sp3/suse/noarch/*.rpm
error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: rpmReadSignature failed: sigh load: BAD
ERROR: /var/distro-trees/sles11-sp3/suse/noarch/yast2012.rpm: This file
doesn't appear to be a package

Google hasn¹t been very helpful. Someone asked this list about it last
year, but wasn¹t replied to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mike Anderson

On 2/13/15, 3:03 PM, "Stephen Herr" <sherr redhat com> wrote:

>Maybe this will be helpful, here is the Spacewalk documentation on how
>to setup kickstart distributions / profiles:
>https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler
>
>It's a little dated, the examples are referencing Fedora 9, but I don't
>think anything has changed.
>
>-Stephen
>
>On 02/12/2015 04:32 PM, Mike Anderson wrote:
>> Did you ever get anywhere with this? I¹m trying to setup kickstart for
>> SLES in an ESX environment, and I¹m seeing the same error "Base
>>Channel*:
>> *No Kickstartable Channels found."*
>>
>> Mike Anderson | Systems Engineer | PaySpan^® , Inc.
>>
>> Two Ravinia Drive, Suite 1710, Atlanta, GA  30346 | (404) 665-3020
>>
>> Mike Anderson PaySpan com <mailto:mike anderson payspan com>
>>

>> From: Gi Dot <gadidot gmail com <mailto:gadidot gmail com>>
>> Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 4:34 AM
>> To: "spacewalk-list redhat com <mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>"
>> <spacewalk-list redhat com <mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>>,
>> Alexander Innes <senni necurity co uk <mailto:senni necurity co uk>>
>> Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] No Kickstartable Channels/Tree found.
>>
>> I chose suse as the distro. I read a guide and I think I need to do it
>> manually, using cobbler. I'm still a bit vague on how it works though.
>>
>> Here's the link to the guide:
>> http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/cobbler/sles
>>
>> Upon following the guide I have an active kicstart profile created (but
>> of course it can't be managed by spacewalk).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Alexander Innes <senni necurity co uk
>> <mailto:senni necurity co uk>> wrote:
>>
>>     What options are set in the dirsto :)? It could be that you have
>>     Installer Generationset to something other then suse?
>>     here: (sorry i prefer the forum layout!)
>>     http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.spacewalk.user/14299
>>
>>     Suggests also that you cannot wizard the creation of them, you need
>>     to upload an autoyast (wassat?), so it could be that, not familiar
>>     with suse though im afraid
>>
>>     On 23 October 2014 05:30, Gi Dot <gadidot gmail com
>>     <mailto:gadidot gmail com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Here you go:
>>
>>         http://i.imgur.com/tbK5gHD.png
>>         http://i.imgur.com/mSDal2h.png
>>
>>         On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro
>>         <waldirio gmail com <mailto:waldirio gmail com>> wrote:
>>
>>             Maybe
>>
>>             But if you click in Systems - Kickstart - Profile - create a
>>             new kickstart profile
>>
>>             Can you send to us the print screen ?!
>>
>>             B'Regards
>>
>>             ______________
>>             Atenciosamente
>>             Waldirio
>>             msn: waldirio gmail com <mailto:waldirio gmail com>
>>             Skype: waldirio
>>             Site: www.waldirio.com.br <http://www.waldirio.com.br>
>>             Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br <http://blog.waldirio.com.br>
>>             LinkedIn:
> [...]

The PaySpan e-mail gateway  made the following annotations.
Confidentiality statement
Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure,
or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
or not an agent of the intended recipient responsible for delivering this
message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message.[TW] Wed Feb 25 2015 21:22:08