[Spacewalk-list] Initial package sync after kickstart ignores architecture

Hi all,

We are running a Spacewalk Server 2.2 on CentOS 6.6 x86_64 and are trying to kickstart and deploy/provision mainly CentOS 7 x86_64 clients with package profiles. But the initial package sync after a kickstart seems to ignore the architecture info for the packages in the original package profile. It then tries to install both i686 and x86_64 versions of the packages which then fails if eg some packages are not available for i686, resulting in a failed package sync or results in having almost twice the packages installed. But if we only kickstart into a minimal installation and do a package sync afterwards, the package sync works without problems. This happens regardless of the kickstart profile and/or the related package profiles (at least ours of course). I rescheduled one of the failed initial package profile syncs to check the output of rhn_check -vvv and I compared it to the output of a manually scheduled package profile sync. It looks like the packages.runTransaction call at the beginning of the initial sync does not contain the architecture info while the other one does. Is there a way to force this or what exactly determines if the package profile sync adheres to the architecture info or not?

Kind regards,
 Friedolin Dreesen

--

studio rakete GmbH
Friedolin Dreesen, Technical Director

f dreesen studiorakete de
Tel:+49 (0)40 - 380 375 69 - 0
Fax:+49 (0)40 - 380 375 69 - 99

Pflichtangaben laut Handelsgesetzbuch und GmbH-Gesetz:

studio rakete GmbH
Schomburgstr. 120 D - 22767 Hamburg

www.studiorakete.de / info studiorakete de

Geschaeftsfuehrerin: Jana Bohl

Die Gesellschaft ist eingetragen im Handelregister des
Amtsgerichts Hamburg unter der Nummer HR B 95660
USt.-ID Nr.: DE 245787817

____ ESET 11235 (20150226) ____