[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring Disappeared

Stephen Herr sherr at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 15:46:03 UTC 2015

To be a little more helpful about downgrading:

Old versions of the rpms are not kept around in the nightly repos but
you should be able to download them from our koji builder:
http://koji.spacewalkproject.org/koji/index

Downgrading to spacewalk-java-2.3.109 and spacewalk-backend-2.3.27 (and
related sub-packages) should get you 99% of the way there.

-Stephen

On 01/06/2015 10:33 AM, Stephen Herr wrote:
> You can downgrade the rpms to before the change and things will continue
> to work as well as they did before. If you'd like to keep the newer rpms
> and proceed with dropping monitoring you can fix the error you're
> getting by manually applying the schema changes that your db does not
> already have (upgrade spacewalk-schema, use spacewalk-sql to run the
> upgrade scripts found in
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-2.2-to-spacewalk-schema-2.3/
> ). Specifically the 020-rhnInfoPane* script is the one that will fix
> your current error.
>
> Unfortunately there is currently not a less-manual way to keep a nightly
> install's database updated, this is one of the reasons that running
> nightly is hard / not recommended. The spacewalk-schema-upgrade tool
> only can handle upgrading from one Spacewalk release to another (eg from
> Spacewalk 2.0 to 2.2), it does not handle upgrading from one minor
> release of spacewalk-schema-2.3.x to another spacewalk-schema-2.3.y. You
> have to keep track of your db upgrading manually if you're going to run
> nightly.
>
> -Stephen
>
> On 01/06/2015 08:42 AM, Francisco Cardoso wrote:
>> Thank you for the reply, stupidly inherited a problem.
>> No way to downgrade right ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> FC

>>> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Unhandled Exception thrown:
>>> class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>>>
>>> 2015-01-06 12:20:47,910 [TP-Processor3] ERROR
>>> com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.SessionFilter - Error during