[Spacewalk-list] Remote command execution Debian client

Nick Tailor HTailor at BCLC.com
Fri Jan 9 20:55:13 UTC 2015

Hi Morgan,

So I was able to get the packages to deploy from the security repo. The only thing is that the security repo as far as I can tell so far needs to be a parent channel and not a child. For debian

I believe the  contrib & non-free are child channels. Unless I’m mistaken.

One of the issues I’ve noticed is that spacewalk doesn’t seem to be able to tell if errata needs to be installed. If I run an ‘apt-get upgrade’ packages show up that need to be updated, however those packages are not showing up in spacewalk to be updated.

Anyone else see this type of behavior from debian clients?

Nick Tailor
Nicktailor.com

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Morgan Cox
Sent: December-29-14 3:13 AM
To: spacewalk-list
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Remote command execution Debian client

Hi Nick.

I for one would love to hear the results - please post back to the list when you have - will they be on Nicktailor.com ?

Hope everybody has had a nice Xmas.

Cheers.
This email is intended only for the addressee. It may contain confidential or proprietary information that cannot be disclosed without BCLC's permission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email.