[Spacewalk-list] update-01: Monitoring and import configuration files

Kevin Abbey kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 14 15:35:56 UTC 2015

Hi,
Maybe this error and code listing can help diagnose the problem?
Thanks for any assistance or comments,
Kevin

*Error when attempting to import file from a client system.*
on client:  /var/log/up2date
[Wed Jan 14 10:07:32 2015] up2date
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 351, in __run_action
     (status, message, data) = CheckCli.__do_call(method, params, kwargs)
   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 344, in __do_call
     retval = method(*params, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/actions/configfiles.py", line 193, in upload
     result = r.put_files(action_id, files)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/config_client/rpc_cli_repository.py", line 122,
in put_files
     self.system_id, action_id, params)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/config_client/rpc_cli_repository.py", line 51,
in rpc_call
     (self, method_name) + params)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/repository.py", line 372, in rpc_call
     sys.exit(2)
<type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>: 2

*Last used code in error message above:*

/usr/share/rhn/config_common/repository.py

359    def rpc_call(self, method_name, *params):
         method = getattr(self.server, method_name)
         try:
             result = apply(method, params)
         except xmlrpclib.ProtocolError, e:
             sys.stderr.write("XML-RPC call error: %s\n" % e)
             sys.exit(1)
         except xmlrpclib.Fault:
             # Re-raise them
             raise
         except Exception, e:
             sys.stderr.write("XML-RPC error while talking to %s: %s\n" % (
                 self.__server_url, e))
372           sys.exit(2)

374        return result

--