[Spacewalk-list] Osad timeout

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:22:47 UTC 2015

Check for errors in the /var/log/rhn/rhn_server_xmlrpc.log logfile. The
client's OSAD credentials may not be good anymore. You can try this:

On the client system, run:

# service osad stop ; rm -f /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf ; service
osad start

Worst case scenario, you need to rebuild the jabberd database on the
Spacewalk server. This can be safely done by doing the following on the
Spacewalk server:

# service jabberd stop ; rm -Rf /var/lib/jabberd/db/* ; service jabberd
start

The following document covers a lot of the common OSAD\Jabber issues

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/JabberAndOSAD