[Spacewalk-list] Query current OSA clients

Justin Edmands j.edmands at sagedining.com
Tue Jan 20 17:02:16 UTC 2015

Hey Spacewalkers,
I am attempting to query all of the systems that are currently checking in via OSAD. I have been using a fairly inefficient spacecmd command to make this work for now.

[12:00:13][justin at justindev1:~]# spacecmd system_details S0* | grep -e "Name" -e "OSA" >> OSA_status.out ; grep online OSA_status.out | wc -l

the S0 just happens to be the first two characters in the names I want to query. In the end it does a word count to determine how many are "online"

Any better way to do this? This takes about 2-5 minutes when run against a list of about 500 clients.