[Spacewalk-list] Register OEL6 on Spacewalk/Bad Request , attempt #1

dmitry.lozitskiy at asparona.com dmitry.lozitskiy at asparona.com
Sat Jan 31 02:06:22 UTC 2015

Thank you for your response…

I tried http/https, FQDN and other things and it didn’t help.

But the issue was and is really weird:

Spacewalk server and OEL6 client are in different subnets, and I noticed that when you ssh from spacewalk to OEL6, the session hangs on a large output – this is the reason.

But the interesting here is that  I have hosts in the same subnet where OEL6 is with the same MTU size 1500 and there are no issues with them.

I changed mtu on OEL6 from 1500 to 1496 and was able to register the host.

Still don’t understand how it could be that the same MTU sizes on OEL5 and OEL6 on practice have different sizes.

Thanks.