[Spacewalk-list] Problems with priorities

Philipp Wehling philipp.wehling at megatel.de
Mon Jul 6 10:08:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

Im using spacewalk 2.3 as a central update source for our hosts. I created different channels with mostly one repo behind.

Now I wanted to install open-vm-tools on Scientific Linux 7.1 with yum. I got lots of dependency errors. While invastigating, whats going wrong I stumbled upen the fact, that yum tries to install an el6-release from EPEL-7-Repo.  But I also have Scientific Linux Repo enabled with open-vm-tools and el7-release.

I helped me out to remove the open-vm-tools-el6-packages from EPEL-7. Now it works.

My question is: Did I configure something wrong or whats going on here?

Mit freundlichem Gruß/Kind regards
i. A. Philipp Wehling
Systemadministrator
megatel Informations- und Kommunikationssysteme GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der OHB SE
Lise-Meitner-Str. 2 * 28359 Bremen
Tel.: 04 21/2 20 95-0 * Fax: 04 21/2 20 95-16
Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 12489
Geschäftsführer:
Jörg Biesewig