[Spacewalk-list] Issue with remotely add spacewalk channel

YANG LI yangli at clemson.edu
Sat Jul 25 09:54:21 UTC 2015

we are having issue with remotely add a channel to spacewalk from spacewalk client using spacewalk-channel command. we can list channels and delete channels with that command without any issue, but when we tried to add channel, we got following error:

 $ spacewalk-channel --add -c java-se7-ol6-x86_64 --user spacewalkuser --password xxxxxxx
 Error communicating with server. The message was:
 Internal Server Error

 here is what I see from rhn_server_xmlrpc.log: 2015/07/24 12:24:27 -04:00 13059 : server/apacheRequest.call_function('ERROR', 'rhnSQL.SQLError caught', SQLStatementPrepareError('ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended\n', 933, 'select 1 from rhnChannel c, join rhnServerChannel sc on c.parent_channel = sc.channel_id where sc.server_id = :sid and c.label = :channel'))

 we have spacewalk 2.2 installed on our spacewalk server.

Sent from my iPhone