[Spacewalk-list] Issue registering clients CentOS

Jason Calafiore jason.calafiore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:11:42 UTC 2015

Hi All,
 I am trying to register my first client to Spacewalk after initial
configuration.

I was trying to register the spacewalk server first for updates, as
mentioned here
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org/index.php/Installing_Spacewalk_on_CentOS_6

I ran the following:

RHEL 7 / SL 7 / CentOS 7
# rpm -Uvh
http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/2.3-client/RHEL/7/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-2.3-2.el7.noarch.rpm
# BASEARCH=$(uname -i)
# rpm -Uvh
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

Install client packages

# yum install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
yum-rhn-plugin

Install Spacewalk's CA certificate on the server to enable SSL
communication (change rpm version in this command if needed)

# rpm -Uvh
http://ghslspacewalk.ds.src.bah.com/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

Register your system to Spacewalk using the activation key you created
earlier

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://YourSpacewalk.example.org/XMLRPC
--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --activationkey=
<key-with-rhel-custom-channel>

I receive the following error:

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://ghslspacewalk.ds.src.bah.com/XMLRPC
--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--activationkey=1-centos-server-7

bash: rhnreg_ks: command not found

Could someone tell me why this is happening?

Thank you,
Jason