[Spacewalk-list] Registering Offline servers to Spacewalk

Jason Calafiore jason.calafiore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:42:13 UTC 2015

Hi  All,

 I still find we have not reached a solution to register a large group of
existing servers to Spacewalk easily. I would think there must be some
easier method than creating the yum repo, installing the packages and use
the bootstrap scripts.

I noticed if i just run the bootstrap.sh without installing the packages it
shows up in Spacewalk. I was wondering is it possible to use the bootstrap
script and then push out the required yum packages through spacewalk? Or
has someone found an easier way to register existing offline clients?

Thank you,

Jason