[Spacewalk-list] Fresh install

thiboyz thiboyz thibaud_91 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:45:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm preparing a spacewalk migration from one server with redhat 6 and postgresql 9.1  to  amazon .
The server will be split in two. One aws instance (RH6) and postgresql (9.4) will be in EC2.

I'm trying to perform a fresh install.
I configured the repo and all dependencies were resolved.

but when i'm lauching

spacewalk-setup --disconnected --external-db

[root at ip-10-230-8-76 bdd]# spacewalk-setup --disconnected --external-db
** Database: Setting up database connection for PostgreSQL backend.
Hostname (leave empty for local)? spacewalk.bdd.aws.
Port [5432]?
Database? spacewalk
Username? admin
Password?
** Database: Populating database.
*** Progress: #
Could not populate database.

In log file I have this :
SELECT 1
SET
psql:/usr/share/pgsql/contrib/dblink.sql:11: ERROR:  no schema has been selected to create in
/var/log/rhn/populate_db.log (END)

file is present and instructions seems to create dblink functions.

After some search on google, I tried to modified /etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/main.sql and change the line   \i /usr/share/pgsql/contrib./dblink.sql tocreate extension dblink;
but still the same error.
SELECT 1
psql:/etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/deploy.sql:7: ERROR:  no schema has been selected to create in

Did I miss something ?

Any ideas  on how to solve this issue ? I know spacewalk 2.0 is not the latest version but that's not my choice.

Regards

Thibaud