[Spacewalk-list] Manually add system to spacewalk

Neil Hanlon neil at neilhanlon.com
Thu Jun 25 15:15:50 UTC 2015

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for that. Since XenServer doesn't support having anything on
the pool server (they won't give support if I installed
koan/whatever)--I'll probably have to roll my own script to deploy the
VMs. Not a big deal.

One problem I'm facing is that I can't set my KS profiles in spacewalk
to be "Xen ParaVirtual Guest". I get the following message:

"Para-Virtualization is unsupported with the selected kickstart tree
or distribution."

Any ideas for that?

Additionally, I'm attempting to adapt my provisioning script which
sets up a bunch of files on the OS for networking, etc. If I turn on
templating in the script, I understand this removes the automatic
wrapping of #raw / #end raw around the script--but will the script
still execute in the environment I ask it to? For example if I'm
running a bash script and have templating On, and do:

#set $env=$getVar('ENV')

case "$env" in

esac

Will that work how I think it will? As I understand it (from lots of
reading the list here...), the #set $env=$getVar('ENV') will get a
key/value pair from the cobbler system entry "ksmeta" variable (like:
ksmeta: ENV=ma DOG=cat ... etc)

Thanks so much!