[Spacewalk-list] centos-updates cloned channels getting automatically updated

Abhishek Lahiri Abhishek_Lahiri at symantec.com
Fri Mar 6 23:15:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

We are  using spacewalk to clone point in time copies of continuos release channels for CentOS. Strangely I just noticed that the cloned  CentOS update channel (centos-6.x-updates) is automatically getting updated packages. The other cloned channels like centos-6.x-extras or centos-6.x-fasttrack are frozen as expected. I would have expected that a cloned channel will be always frozen. Any idea why and how the centos-6.x-updates cloned channels are automatically getting updated packages?

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Lahiri
650 930 0779