[Spacewalk-list] OSAD Not working

Bill Kuhn bkuhn at cortez.k12.co.us
Mon Mar 23 14:23:16 UTC 2015

In January I upgraded Spacewalk 2.1 to 2.2 and I am fairly sure it was
working after the upgrade as I had to push out the new spacewalk client
repo. So I am not sure when it stopped working.

Symptoms:
OSA Ping from gui never returns a result. Workstation is online and sitting
right next to me.

Push Commands never run unless rhn_check is manually ran or after the 4
hour time it eventually runs.

OSAD on workstation is running with no errors in the logs

osa-dispatcher is running on the server with no obvious errors (I tailed
the logs and nothing pops up)

Stuff I did:
Verified the settings according to
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OSADSetup

Checked/Verified:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/JabberAndOSAD

There were other things I tried from Google results but most were over two
years old and did not work.

My only thought is something with the Spacewalk DB. My line of thinking is
that the dispatcher isn't picking up that a job is needed to be done. I am
not really sure where to go from here.

Server OS: CentOS 6
Client OS: Fedora 20

Any ideas?