[Spacewalk-list] SP 2.3: Update user details issue

Lichtinger, Bernhard Bernhard.Lichtinger at lrz.de
Wed May 13 09:18:44 UTC 2015

Hello Grant,

> So - the question is, what is it about your setup, that causes the csrf_token value on the rendered web-page, to not-match the CSRF token stored in your login-session. I can think of ways to make that happen - but they would all break everyone's pages everywhere, every single time. I am having no luck finding a path through the code that would result in
>
> * session.token != page.token, and
> * your login-session still valid
>
> and only for *some*pages/actions. Ugh.

I did some more testing and I have only problems with forms using method=„POST“. For example the search form in the upper right corner, which uses method=„GET“, is working fine with IE.

> If you use Firefox or Chrome against your SW instance, is the problem still reproducible?

Every other Browser I tested with, everything is OK:
Chrome 42.0.2311.135 (64-bit) on Mac
Chrome 40.0.2214.115 on Windows
Firefox 37.0.1 on Windows and Mac
Safari 8.0.6 on Mac

> Does the behavior change in IE if you change to/from compatibility-mode?

No, no change.

But now it gets weirder:
I had a look into the browser built-in developer tools to check if the correct csrf_token is sent. As far as I can see, all my browsers send the right token in the POST-request. At least it is the same as in the HTML sourcecode.
BUT when I use the developer tools within Safari on my Mac, I get the same error as with IE. When I close the developer tools, then click on a different tab to get a new csrf_token, then everything is working again. All during the same session.

Is it perhaps possible that there is some javascript which triggers a change of the csrf_token after the HTML is sent to the browser? Depending on the timing of the browser-engine?

As a side note: Some forms contain the csrf_token twice (with the same value) in the POST data, but this is the case with every browser, so I don’t think this is a problem at all.

Regards,
Bernhard