[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart shows missing packages?

Will Beldman wbeldma at uwo.ca
Tue May 26 18:01:50 UTC 2015

This setup worked perfectly fine on my development instance, but on my
production instance, I am getting the following message when I create a
Kickstart profile:
The following packages are not available in any of the channels associated to
this kickstart profile: pyOpenSSL, rhnlib, libxml2-python, libxml2, spacewalk-
koan*. In order for all kickstart functionality to work correctly, these
packages should be present in at least one channel associated to this profile.
This appears to be in error because the Base Channel I've specified definitely
has all those packages. They also appear in the distro I've associated with
this kickstart profile.

I suspected that there might be a problem with the number of packages in the
channel but even if I setup a new channel with just the base repository in it,
I still get the same error message.

I tried to initiate a kickstart anyway and it dies early on in the
installation process (trying to install the tzdata package - if that has
anything to do with anything)

So beyond verifying that the packages are there, I don't even know where to
begin troubleshooting.