[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.3 keeps showing upgradable packages

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu May 28 06:54:43 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 06:51 AM, Gerald Vogt wrote:
> On 27.05.15 08:56, Jonathan Hoser wrote:
>> On 05/27/2015 07:02 AM, Gerald Vogt wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have upgraded successfully from 2.2 to 2.3 two weeks ago. I have even
>>> scheduled several updates through spacewalk since then.
>>>
>>> However, since yesterday I have noticed that there are several systems
>>> which are shown with upgradable packages even though the system is up to
>>> date.
>> Seconded, also seeing that behavior!
>> CentOS 6.6, Spacewalk 2.3;
>> Details are exactly as described by Gerald
> Have you tried to restart taskomatic or the whole spacewalk service? It
> helped for me. Several of the system tasks did not run anymore. Check at
> Admin - Task Engine Status.

I actually had restarted taskomatic *before* that - due to
spacewalk-upgrade and
too little java-memory for 70k package-channels;

Since it now (4days later, looking again) seems fine, maybe that was due
to some taskomatic backlog...
Best
-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671