[Spacewalk-list] Yum Errors and strange operations v2.4

Graziano Della Loggia graziano.dellaloggia at digimetrica.com
Mon Nov 16 16:06:32 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,
remote commands remain in pending.

Anyway with your tip about XML i found that's an error to get XMLRPC:

# rhn_check -vvvv
D: opening  db environment /var/lib/rpm cdb:0x401
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages 0x400 mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename 0x400 mode=0x0
An error has occurred:
<class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
See /var/log/up2date for more information
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed   db environment /var/lib/rpm

in this post (http://justinedmands.com/?q=node/37) the user resolve with
changing the url from HTTP to HTTPS, but in my case, after this solution, I
receive an SSL3 error (my url cert is a valid *.domain.tld, but for
security reason I disabled SSLv3 and TLSv1 ):

# rhn_check -vvvv
D: opening  db environment /var/lib/rpm cdb:0x401
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages 0x400 mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename 0x400 mode=0x0
ERROR: SSL errors detected
[('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify
failed')]
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed   db environment /var/lib/rpm

Any other idea? Or I'm moving in wrong direction?

*Graziano*