[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk with Puppet design

Sergey Zemlyanoy s.zemlyanoy at levi9.com
Fri Oct 2 17:41:52 UTC 2015

Dear spacewalkers,

I want to provide Spacewalk in our environment in order to keep all systems updated and have reporting systems cross the board. In meantime we are widely using puppet for configuration, setup etc.
There are few issues I'm concerning about:

1.       Manage yum repos by puppet, disable rhnplugin to hide channels as YUM repos on clients and force SW to install updates from unmanaged repositories. How can I prevent SW to download packages locally to itself but just update list of packages?

2.       Manage client's yum repos by SW channels but I still want to have control over local YUM repos by puppet. Is it feasible?

Any advice much appreciated!
                Regards,
Sergey