[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading SLES SP3 to SP4

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Mon Oct 5 20:46:47 UTC 2015

How is the best way to change a SW repository?

We are in the process of upgrading our SLES servers to SP4.  I registered a few of the SP3 machines to the SW server.  I took one of those registered SP3 machines, deleted it from SW, upgraded it to SP4, then attempted to re-register using the SP4 activation key.  That didn't work so well.  I had to completely clean out all of the rhn and spacewalk packages from the client, re-install from the spacewalk repository.  I basically had to go back through all of the steps in registering a server to get it to register to the SP4 repositories.

Is there an easier way to change the repository?

Thanks

Daryl