[Spacewalk-list]   Upgrading SLES SP3 to SP4

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Tue Oct 6 18:53:19 UTC 2015

Please ignore my last message.  I finally answered my own questions.

I'm not sure why the "test" SLES 11 SP3 severs were showing as being up-to-date, but I finally stop/started SW, and they started showing as needing updates.

I did an upgrade of one on those test machines from an ISO image.  We decided to perform all upgrades via ISO image, and not from SW,  so I wanted to test using the method that was agreed on.  After the upgrade was completed, I changed the channel to SLES 11 SP4/SLES 11 SP4 Updates.  I issued a "zypper ref" to refresh the repositories on the client, and they are now requiring updates from the new channels.

Thank you for the help.  It is very much appreciated.

Daryl