[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client not getting updated

Kartik Vashishta kartik.unix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:58:28 UTC 2015

On a centos 7 client system, I successfully registered it with spacewalk,
in entitlements it has got "management" category.

The spacewalk channels are uptodate:
CentOS-Base
 CentOS-fasttrack
centos7_extras
<https://spacewalk.kartikv.com/rhn/channels/manage/Edit.do?cid=106>
centos7_plus
<https://spacewalk.kartikv.com/rhn/channels/manage/Edit.do?cid=107>
centos7_updates
<https://spacewalk.kartikv.com/rhn/channels/manage/Edit.do?cid=105>

I moved /etc/yum.repos.d to /etc/yum.repos.d.old and got this:
[root at localhost etc]# yum update -y
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
No packages marked for update
[root at localhost etc]#

I then did this:
mv /etc/yum.repos.d.old /etc/yum.repos.d
doing a yum update -y led to a whole LOT of updates.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you.