[Spacewalk-list] conflicting base channels error

Neil Watson neil at watson-wilson.ca
Tue Oct 20 12:35:32 UTC 2015

Greetings,

When I try to register a host to multiple base channels, using two
activation keys I get the error below. What does it mean and how can fix this?

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://pmanager/XMLRPC --activationkey=chan1,chan2 --force
Error communicating with server. The message was:

Error Message:
    Conflicting base channels
Error Class Code: 63
Error Class Info: Conflicting activation tokens
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant