[Spacewalk-list] Repo Sync Failure -- how to debug?

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Tue Oct 27 16:38:24 UTC 2015

I'm getting errors like this from several of my repo syncs and I'd like some help figuring out how to find out what's going wrong:

Sync started: Mon Oct 26 23:00:00 2015
['/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync', '--channel', <channel-name>', '--type', 'yum', '']
Repo URL: <urlforchannel>
ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: <channel-name>. Please verify its path and try again
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:00:00

I tried a curl test using the relevant SSL certs to the URLs for the channels involved in the form <https-url>/repodata/repomd.xml and get  < HTTP/1.1 200 OK, so I don't think it's a certificate issue.

How can I get more info from the spacewalk reposync to show me what's going wrong?

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681