[Spacewalk-list] Failed: Packages failed to install properly: PACKAGENAME not available for installation

Thomas Mueller thomas at chaschperli.ch
Fri Oct 30 13:05:45 UTC 2015

IMHO the Taskomatic daemon builds the yum repodata in the background.
I've saw the daemon hanging around doing nothing anymore a few times.
Haven't had the time to investigate this issue further. Restarting the
service works around the problem.

In the webinterface on the channel details you can see "Last modified
date" and "Repo build date" (don't have access to a webinterface right
now, maybe it's called slightly different). If "Last modified date" is
greater than "Repo build date" clients won't see any added packages and
altough you can schedule the updated package with spacewalk, the action
will fail with something like "package not found".

- Thomas