[Spacewalk-list] Trouble with Cobbler Sync failing

Ryan Clough ryan.clough at dsic.com
Tue Sep 29 18:39:49 UTC 2015

I am following up to try to help anyone else that may run into the same
issue. I'm not sure which yum repo Cobbler is supposed to be installed from
but we had version 2.6.9 from EPEL installed. It would appear as though
Cobbler should have been installed from the Spacewalk repo and is version
2.0.11. Trying to do a "yum remove cobbler" was going to yank most of
Spacewalk along with it so we opted to try a downgrade. We ran "yum
downgrade cobbler" once taking us from version 2.6.9 to 2.6.3. And then we
ran the downgrade command again taking us from 2.6.3 to 2.4.4. Now our
original problem is solved. Cobbler syncs correctly, we can add new
kickstart profiles, and modify existing profiles. Cobbler creates the
config without issue.
HTH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ryan Clough
Information Systems
Decision Sciences International Corporation
<http://www.decisionsciencescorp.com/>

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Infused W JC <infuse1301 at gmail.com> wrote:

> See
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2015-February/msg00148.html
> Did you ever upgrade spacewalk?
> See https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade11
> Within your sw web; system|kickstart|distributions do you have a
> distribution listed?
> If so click on that and verify the paths
> The try system|kickstart|profiles one here as well?
> click on that and very the LARGE amount of stuff.
> My quess is that when you look at the kickstart file produced, you will
> find it is pointing to bad/wrong dirs.

This email and its contents are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within this email
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error, please report
the error to the sender by return email and delete this communication from
your records.