[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: epel_sci_6. Please verify its path and try again

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Fri Apr 1 00:22:17 UTC 2016

Great, yeah that stuff is usually taken care of in the bootstrap, which is
how we register our systems to Spacewalk initially.  The hard part is when
we have to reregister systems after they already have
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid and so on... but that's another story.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:42 PM Konstantin Raskoshnyi <konrasko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Eventually this script fixed all the stuff :).
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://spacewalk/repos/spacewalk_client6/2.3-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-2.3-2.el6.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh http://spacewalk/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
> cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk-client.repo << EOF
> [spacewalk-client]
> name=Spacewalk Client Tools
> baseurl=http://spacewalk/repos/spacewalk_client6/2.3-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/
> gpgkey=http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2014
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
> EOF
> yum install -y
> http://spacewalk/repos/epel6/x86_64/python-hwdata-1.7.3-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> yum install -y rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
> yum-rhn-plugin rhncfg-actions
> rhn-actions-control --enable-all
> rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://spacewalk/XMLRPC
> --sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --activationkey=linux
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Matt Moldvan <matt at moldvan.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, that error you're seeing is because your system(s) don't recognize
>> the SSL cert generated by Spacewalk.  In your bootstrap script, is the
>> RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-CERT (or something like that) being pushed correctly to the
>> clients?  Otherwise they won't recognize the SSL cert being presented by
>> your Spacewalk master.
>>
>> Try openssl s_client -connect spacewalkfqdn:443 -showcerts to see what
>> the verify result is.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:08 PM Konstantin Raskoshnyi <konrasko at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is -  my servers don't have internet access. I set up epel
>>> repo sync on spacewalk...For example epel
>>>
>>> [epel]
>>> name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
>>> baseurl=https://spacewalk/repos/epel6/x86_64/
>>> #mirrorlist=
>>> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
>>> failovermethod=priority