[Spacewalk-list] Can't install post kickstart install

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Mon Apr 4 22:57:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 5 Apr 2016, at 8:41 AM, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have an SSL cert on that page - is that not enough? Do I need a separate gpg key? I would presume the cert was sufficient - at no point in the documentation did I see an explicit instruction to make one of each?

That is not sufficient. That is the CA certificate for your Spacewalk instance. It's not the GPG key for the CentOS RPMs. You need to create a GPG key with the content from CentOS and deploy it during kickstart, so that yum has a valid GPG key against which to test the signature of the RPMs.

So, you'd need to get a copy of the CentOS GPG key (usually found in /etc/pki/rpm-gpg on an already installed machine) and create a GPG key with the content of that key. You would then need to update your Kickstart Profile to deploy that GPG key during install, so that packages can be installed during the post-install phase, i.e. after registration with Spacewalk and post the Anaconda process.

Hope that helps,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496