[Spacewalk-list] Auto-Installation packages from Systems->Keys

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:42:06 UTC 2016

Konstantin,

I disagree with Avi in that "it works". I have also not known it to work on
Kickstarted machines. I found I had to add the packages to the software
list under profiles.

I am sure that is how it's meant to work - it would appear to be a good
thing and an obvious functionality. But I've never known it to work either.
My suspicion is on the cobbler/spacewalk snippets, but it's hard to pin
down.

I also found that the files weren't distributed on Kickstart without
shoe-horning them in with a post install script.

Let me know if you need the script to see it working.

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper